You’ll have to move to a missile silo in central Mongolia to avoid another travel dress review this summer. Sucks to be you! Because you’ll miss the Royal Robbins Panorama dress ($78) review.
What I like
- Well-made dress that is modest in appearance but can be dressed up with the right shoes and accessories.
- Great casual dress that is very elegant and simple. Will gentrify life for you in that Mongolian missile silo.
- Very comfortable. It’s made of linen so it won’t cling to your damp body. I experienced only one hot and humid day while wearing the Panorama and it was at a winery tour and I was completely comfortable, especially when walking about the winery grounds.
- Neutral color. Those who have watched What Not to Wear know that neutral colors are the launching pad to endless possibilities. Jewelry, sweater, wrap, belt, it’s all endless.
- Classic cut, classic dress, will never go out of style.
What I didn’t like
- Size runs big. I tested the small (I’m 5’ 6”, 125lbs) and it looked potato-sacky on me. I mitigated this limitation with a fun belt. I still like this dress enough to take it to a tailor and have the waist nipped in a bit.
- Despite it being labeled as “wrinkle-resistant” it wrinkles. I took this dress on a trip to California and all I had to do to smooth it out was hang it in the hotel bathroom while I took a hot shower.
Why not? It’s pretty, it’s simple, it’s well made. A lovely little frock for this summer and for next ten summers. But I recommend trying a size down first.